The Best Place To Sell Your Secondhand Or Used Equipment
- Unless specified items are sold as seen. If you have the item collected by a 3rd party it's your responsibility to make sure the item is working before despatch.
- Assume that all prices are +VAT unless otherwise described.
- If you email a customer directly we have no control over how your email is used.
- If you use the online form your email may be used by us (secondhand-websites.co.uk) for marketing. Your email will also be visible to the seller and we therefore have no control over how it is used.
- As buyer and seller you are making a binding contract between both of you. The buyer agrees to pay the agreed price and collect the goods in a timely manner. And it is the the sellers responsibility to describe the goods accurately.
- If you are buying off a trader you will have some rights of return and/or warranty. This should be agreed before payment. Please see The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 for sellers outlined below.
- Traders and Consumers - “consumer” means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession; “trader” means a person acting for purposes relating to that person’s trade, business, craft or profession, whether acting personally or through another person acting in the trader’s name or on the trader’s behalf.
- If you buy from a restaurant, cafe or hotel then the sale will be counted as buying from a consumer - therefore you will have different rights as set out in the legislation.
- However if you buy from a trader then they are bound by the legislation.
- As such we (the website) don't accept any liability for anything bought from our website.
- All adverts are the responsibility of the advertiser to make sure that they are an accurate description of the item for sale and don't infringe any copyright or trade name.
- We reserve the right to exclude any advert that we feel is inappropriate at our discretion.
- If there is a legal obligation to restrict the sale of any goods, you agree to comply by the restrictions. For example age restricted products such as (but not restricted to) glue and knives. For example (but not limited to) Children and Young Persons Act 1933, Video Recordings Act 1984, Intoxicating Substances (Supply) Act 1985, Criminal Justice Act 1988, Children and Young Persons (Protection From Tobacco) Act 1991, Offensive Weapons Act 1996, Cigarette Lighter Refill (Safety) Regulations 1999, Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003, Licensing Act 2003, Fireworks Regulations 2004, Gambling Act 2005, Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006, Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2015
- We will not be held responsible for any delay in advertising your equipment or services. The maximum liability we will accept is returning the advertising fee.
- You agree and gain permision from the owner, that any photograph, text or file used in your advert may without notice be used to advertise your equipment and the website and on facebook, Twitter and Pintrest and other similar websites. These may remain on this and such websites after your item has sold. You also agree to pay any fees / royalties or commission for using the same.
The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
Please note that all online trade is bound by the The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
Guidance for Traders - PDF Booklet https://www.businesscompanion.info/sites/default/files/Selling-Goods-via-Online-Platforms-Mar-2022.pdf
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations apply to sales of goods or services to consumers without face-to-face contact. This includes selling online. The Regulations replaced the former Distance Selling Regulations. Under the Regulations, you must:
- - Give customers specified information before a sale is made
- - Confirm prior and certain other information in a durable form (eg in writing or email)
- - Usually, give customers a right to cancel their order
- - Normally, fulfil your contractual obligations within 30 days unless otherwise agreed
- - Usually, give customers a full refund up to 14 days after receiving their goods, if they change their mind
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Listing Your Advert
- Secondhand Goods = The price of your advert is to list it until sold! We don't remove any adverts until you sell your goods, however for legal reasons* the advertising fee is for advertising your goods for one week.
- New Items = Your advert will be displayed on the site for one month.
- At any time you may reduce the price of your goods. If the reduction is more than 10% we will move the advert back up to the top of the site without charge.
- Adverts are normally uploaded within 24 hours, however if an advert is placed on Friday afternoon it could be Monday afternoon before we upload the advert as we don't always work over the weekend.
- Once placed we don't offer any refunds on the adverts for example, if you change your mind about selling the goods or sell your goods any other way.
In the unlikely event that your goods don't sell within a year we may ask you to reduce your price by 10% (which will refresh your advert back to the top of the site) to keep your advert on the site. This is to prevent expensive non-selling items remaining on the site indefinitely.
You are welcome to update your advert at any time. However the following are not normally allowed, e.g. increasing the price, quantity, make and / or model or otherwise changing the nature of your advert.
Sometimes it makes sense to have options within an advert. For example if you have a marquee for sale, you could offer a dance floor or furniture as options. However If you sell your main item you will need to pay for a new advert to sell your options.
This website is run and owned by Secondhand Websites Ltd who also trade as "Curlew".
In addition to our T's and C's we have our Cookie consent policy and Privacy notice; by using the website you agree to both. You can opt out of both agreements by letting us know, we will then do our best to adhere to your wishes.
* The legal reason - We were told that If the site crashed, stopped trading, lost data - we would have to (potentially) refund anyone with an advert on the site. Our card supplier told us that our fee would be based on the liability they "potentially" were going to take (for example if a holiday company went bust, the card company would refund its customers for the holidays they had booked). So the shorter the time the advert was for, the less liability, the cheaper it was to receive card payments.